Making changes directly through the airline
If Go Ahead Tours has already booked your flights and you want to add information to your reservation, this can be done through the airline directly.
Here are some tasks you can complete by visiting the airline's official website or downloading their mobile app:
- Select seats (including extra legroom) starting 30 days before departure
Check in to your flights starting 24 hours before departure
- Add TSA PreCheck and Global Entry details to your booking
- Link your frequent flier/flyer number to your flights
- Request in-flight meals that accommodate dietary needs
How to access your flights from the airline's website or mobile app
Here are steps for how to access your flight booking from the airline's website or mobile app. Please note that it's important to only view flight details from the airline's official website or mobile app to avoid potential scams by third-party companies claiming to be the airline.
- Go to your airline's official website or download your airline's mobile app by searching your airline's name in your phone’s app store. If there are two airlines associated with your flight reservation, you should access your booking from the airline who is operating your first flight.
- Next, pull up your reservation. If using the airline's mobile app, you can sign in to your account or create one. You should also have the option to select "Continue as guest." Then, find where the app or website says "Trips," "My trips, "Find my trip," "Manage trips," or something similar and select that.
- Next, enter your name and flight reservation number. Airlines also refer to this as a confirmation number, record locator number or booking code. It's six characters long, often combining both letters and numbers (E.g. CF9KLG). This number can be found in your Go Ahead online account and mobile app. Learn how to view your flight details.
- Now that your flight reservation is pulled up, you can navigate your booking to find what you're looking for.
Trouble accessing flight reservation online
If you receive a notice that your booking can't be found when entering your name and reservation number, the issue could have to do with how you're entering your name. Make sure you enter your name exactly how it appears on your passport or travel document. If asked to enter both your first and last name (and your middle name also appears on your travel document), try squishing your first and middle name together (without a space between them) in the first name field only (E.g. RobertHenry). Airline systems often combine first and middle names, leaving no space between them. Learn more about names on airline tickets.
Why did the airline tell me my reservation isn't confirmed yet and could be canceled?
This is normal when booking flights through a tour operator and it has to do with our airline contracts. Go Ahead doesn't fully ticket travelers' flights until around 30 days before departure, since this allows more flexibility if travelers need to adjust their trip and helps them avoid expensive flight cancellation fees. Even though flights aren't ticketed until closer to departure, they're still fully confirmed for our travelers. However, airlines' systems aren't advanced enough to know this. So, when a flight isn't ticketed yet, on the airline's end it looks like the reservation hasn't been fully confirmed and is at risk of being canceled if payment isn't made by a certain date. If you notice any warning banners when viewing your flights from the airline's website or if they mention this to you on the phone, there's no need to worry.