What is Tour Finalization Date?
That’s when we have everything confirmed on our end—it’s an important deadline to remember as you’re getting ready to go! The Tour Finalization Date for most tours is 70 days before departure, but it’s 90 days for Special Event Tours, Customized Tours, Land & Cruise Tours, and tours that include rides on the Rocky Mountaineer train. Once this deadline has passed, it may not be possible to make certain changes to your reservation.
Tour Finalization Date deadlines to keep in mind
- Final payment due – the Tour Finalization Date is also your final payment date, unless you're enrolled in AutoPay.
- Changing hotel room or cruise cabin types – you can make rooming adjustments until your Tour Finalization Date if space is available.
- Booking flights through Go Ahead – changed your mind about booking your own flights? You can add our airfare package up until your Tour Finalization Date without incurring a late reservation fee.
- Submitting flight preferences – we do our best to accommodate flight preferences received by the Tour Finalization Date. This includes upgrade requests, airline and routing preferences, and changing flight dates.
- Adding travel coverage plans – Go Ahead's insurance must be purchased before your Tour Finalization Date. This also includes AnyReason Protection, a non-insurance Cancellation Fee Waiver provided by Go Ahead Tours.
- Rebooking to a new tour or date – you can change your tour date or destination up until your Tour Finalization Date and we won't charge you any rebooking fees.
Have any questions or need to make updates to your reservation?