Those who require specialized assistance on tour must travel with a companion who can offer ongoing support. Tour Directors, drivers, local guides, and other travelers are unable to provide individualized assistance (physical support or luggage handling) to any one traveler. If you’re traveling with or as a dedicated companion, please mention this in the “Health notes" section of your online account or mobile app.
While it’s essential for travelers in need of mobility support to be aware of what to expect while on tour, it’s just as important for the designated companion to understand what their responsibilities will look like throughout the journey.
Travelers providing dedicated assistance are expected to support their travel companion with the following:
- Getting on and off the bus
- Carrying and managing luggage
- Operating mobility devices, such as pushing a wheelchair. This also includes assisting with carrying and transporting mobility aids.
- Keeping up with the pace of the group
- Making special arrangements (hailing a taxi instead of walking, etc.)
Please note: We may reach out to both travelers requiring assistance and those providing support should there be specific expectations to review in order to ensure a smooth and positive experience.
We’re happy to answer any questions related to receiving or offering specialized assistance. You can send us a message here.