We’ve compiled some tips and best practices to help you prepare for a smooth and exceptional travel experience, while prioritizing your health and well-being. We encourage you to keep reading, and if you have any questions about your wellness on tour, please send us a message.
- Packing: Travelers are responsible for managing their own luggage, so try to pack on the lighter side. Keep medication in your carry-on bag and bring extra just in case. Our tours include a lot of walking on uneven terrains, so comfortable sneakers are a must!
- Travel insurance: Consider purchasing travel insurance that covers medical emergencies, trip cancellation, baggage delays, and more. Our travel protection plans offer peace of mind and financial protection.
- Consult with your doctor: Before departure, contact your doctor to ensure you’re fit and prepared to travel. Discuss any necessary vaccinations, medications, and health precautions.
- Mobility devices: All wheelchairs and walkers brought on tour must be collapsible. We recommend the same for portable canes and walking sticks. If you have challenges standing for long periods of time, we suggest purchasing a foldable cane with a small built-in seat.
- Airport wheelchair assistance: If you require wheelchair assistance at the airport, notify the airline in advance. You can also mention this in your health notes, and we’ll contact the airline on your behalf. Always follow up with the airline directly just before your trip to confirm this service.
- Know your limits: It’s completely acceptable to sit out of included activities if you need to rest. Be mindful of your physical limitations and don't push yourself too hard. Take breaks when needed and avoid strenuous activities if not advisable for your health.
- Restroom stops: Buses make frequent restroom stops during transfers, but timing varies. You should always try to go just in case during rest breaks. In some locations, public bathrooms may not be easily accessible or there may be a small fee involved to use them.
- Snacks & hydration: Carry nutritious snacks with you and drink enough water to stay hydrated and energized throughout your tour. Bring a reusable water bottle to fill up before heading out each day. If the tap water isn’t safe to drink, you can fill your water bottle up at breakfast.