When a traveler tests positive for COVID on tour, Go Ahead will reach out to review quarantine measures, our EF COVID Care Promise, and next steps. You can read our FAQ about testing positive on tour here.
Once a traveler is out of isolation and returns home, there are some steps that must be taken related to reimbursement.
Reimbursement during isolation
As part of our EF COVID Care Promise, we'll reimburse you for the cost of hotel nights and meals for the duration of your required quarantine period, in addition to rescheduling airport transfers and return flights at no extra cost to you if you purchased Go Ahead's airfare.
As soon as you return home, please submit a request that includes the following information:
- Name and start date of your tour
- Dates of isolation (start date to end date)
- Did you rejoin the tour after isolation? (Indicate yes or no)
- Photos of the following receipts (if applicable):
- Meals during your isolation period
- Laundry during your isolation period
- Required COVID tests during your isolation period
- Taxi from one hotel to another hotel (if you're unable to isolate in your original hotel)
- Taxi from the hotel to the airport after isolation has ended
- In most cases, EF will cover the cost of additional hotel nights during the isolation period upfront. If you're instructed to pay any covered hotel expenses upfront, please keep your receipts so we can reimburse you when you get home.
You'll receive a reimbursement check in the mail 3 to 5 weeks after we receive photos of your receipts. Please note that we cannot reimburse an expense without a proper receipt.
Reimbursement for missed time on tour
You must choose one of two options for being reimbursed for missed time on tour. You cannot proceed with both.
- Receive an EF COVID Care Promise Future Travel Voucher
- File a claim with the insurance company (if you have travel coverage)
At the time you're submitting receipts for reimbursement, please indicate which option you choose (Future Travel Voucher or insurance claim) in your message so we can act accordingly. Both options are explained below:
Receive Future Travel Voucher
If 50% or more of your time on the main tour is missed, you'll receive a Future Travel Voucher for 100% of the land-only tour (this includes excursions, but doesn't include the cost of flights, airport transfers and insurance). If less than 50% of your time on the main tour is missed, you'll receive a Future Travel Voucher prorated for the number of days missed.
This EF COVID Care Promise voucher is valid one year from the date it's sent to your email. You don't need to travel by then, you just need to book a tour by then. The voucher will be emailed to you 3 to 5 business days after you notify us that you'd like to receive a voucher, rather than file an insurance claim. If you still haven't received your voucher in that timeframe, please submit a request so we can assist you.
File an insurance claim
You can also choose to file an insurance claim for missed time on tour, and if your claim is approved, you'll be reimbursed in cash. If you go this route, you won't be eligible for a Future Travel Voucher from Go Ahead. You'll be responsible for working with the insurance company directly and providing requested documentation, which may include a doctor's note. Go Ahead cannot guarantee the approval of any insurance claim. You can learn how to file insurance claims here.